Are you looking for a basic website builder? One option may be BoldGrid (BG)- but is BoldGrid free? BG has a free version to try out, which can be a good starting point.
If you need a website for your business, BG can be a good choice. In this review, I’ll go over what it’s all about. Also, I’ll lay out some of the top features and whether it’s the best choice for your business.
- What Is BoldGrid?
- Pros & Cons
- How Does BoldGrid Work?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using BoldGrid?
- Who Is BoldGrid designed for?
- Is BoldGrid Worth Getting?
- Final Words
Is BoldGrid free?
BoldGrid has a free version to try out, along with a couple of premium options. Either free or paid, there’s an option for everyone. Let’s dive into this review further.
What is BoldGrid?
BG is a free website builder that’s been around for some time. It’s still a new and modern website builder that can make beautiful websites.
BG is powered by WordPress, one of the most popular content management platforms. Through WordPress, there’s no coding or technical experience required to build a website.
You can use an easy drag-and-drop editor through BG. Along with that, it allows you to have full ownership of a website.
Being familiar with WordPress will help, as it’ll be an easier learning curve to building websites. Let’s go over some of the top features BG has to offer.
If you’re in a rush…
The following is a brief review of BoldGrid, and what’s different when it comes to WordPress. Along with that, there’s a list of pros and cons to consider as well.
Pros & Cons
- Free plan with popular hosting plans
- The two-stage website creation process
- Users have full ownership of websites via WordPress
- Official host limited through two hosting providers
- Plans can be pricey for annual plans
- Limited customer support (forums only)
How does BoldGrid work?
Once you sign up for a free account, your website will already be set up in WordPress. From there, the first step is to choose a theme design (via WordPress).
While setting up your account, you’ll have to enter basic information for your business. Some of that may include the company name and email address.
Once you have the basics set up, you’re ready to install and ready to start customizing your website.
What are the top features of using BoldGrid?
Website creation wizard
This wizard tool will help guide users through the entire process of building a website. This resource can be beneficial if you have no website design or coding experience.
When it comes to themes, the website creation process is broken down into two phases:
- Choose a template for your website < easily organized by industry
- Comes in the following categories: Photography; Real estate; Clothes and fashion; Consulting; Marketing; Home Repair
- Can be used for marketing your business (very helpful for small businesses)
- Where you add/edit page content, and customize sections of pages and fonts
- The Crio Super theme
- BoldGrid Crio: A WordPress super theme and set of plugins that are included in one of their plans
- Create your own blog design
This one is optimized for having the best WordPress website builder experience. With inspiration, you can get access to BG themes, templates, and plugins within WordPress.
Post & Page Builder
The builder allows you to drag and drop content, rows, and columns to design pages/layouts. It can be very helpful to create simple, easy-to-navigate pages on your website.
Is BoldGrid any good?
Although it is a free website builder, BoldGrid comes in a simplified format. Since it’s powered by WordPress, it makes it a great website builder for anyone in need of a basic website.
What are the benefits of using BoldGrid?
There are some great benefits to using BG, including the following:
- Comes with a hosting plan from either InMotion Hosting or Web Hosting Hub
*If you don’t want to use either of these plans, there are alternatives available for web hosting
- Plugins WordPress: BG has its own plugins to make website building more accessible. Some common ones include the post and page builder, and BG Easy SEO.
- Website speed: It comes with a speed coach, which analyzes the speed and overall performance of your website. It can help you improve performance and maintain good health in the long run.
- Offers customer support: Ranges from knowledge bases, a Facebook user group, and a feedback form where customers can submit individual queries.
- Hosting < InMotion Hosting provides support (via email and phone, along with an online knowledge base)
Who is BoldGrid designed for?
BG is best for the following types of groups:
- Those who are beginners in building websites
- WordPress users- if you understand WordPress, it’ll be an easier learning curve
- Those who run small businesses, but want a basic website/online presence only
If you’re not sure about going for a paid option, BG comes with a free plan to try out. Each of the plans comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Here are the following options:
|WP Page Builder ($2.50/month) < $30/year||WP Website Builder ($5.00/month) < $60/year||WP Creator Bundle ($8.25/month) < $99/year|
Along with these plans offered, there are some upsells that are presented as well. Some of them include plugins or extra services for building a website.
Is BoldGrid worth it?
BG is another great website builder for beginners, especially since it is powered by WordPress. That’s one of the biggest upsides, which makes it easy to manage content.
One of the downsides is they have limited support. For instance, there’s no phone or email support, so they only have it down to forums.
Although forums are useful at times, they’re not always monitoring them. So it makes it harder to get any questions answered at any time.
When I tried out BG myself, I thought it was very simple to try out. I really like how it’s integrated with WordPress, especially since I’m familiar with the platform.
Although it was easy to navigate, I don’t like the idea of limited customer support. If they only have forums, you’re not getting the maximum support needed when starting out.
However, they do provide helpful tutorials for troubleshooting (basic problems). So that’s always a bonus. But overall, I would recommend it to beginners, and to those who are familiar with using WordPress.
Again, BG is another basic website builder with a lot of customized plugins and themes. If you’re interested in trying it out yourself, it may be worth trying out the free plan.
Although the free plan is limited, it’s possible to make a simple website in a short period of time. If you’re interested in checking out one of their other plans, you get the 30-day money guarantee if you don’t find it worth continuing on.
Either way, BG might be a great option as another website builder. Take a look for yourself today.
Your Turn: Is BoldGrid worth trying out?
I would like to get your thoughts on BoldGrid. Do you like that it works well with WordPress?
Are the built-in plugins worth trying out to make it easier for your website? Is there anything you don’t like about BoldGrid?
How does it differ from other website builders? What can be improved with BoldGrid?
Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment below. I look forward to reading your responses, and I’ll gladly respond promptly.
If you got value from this article, please bookmark this website to visit later for new posts every week. Spread the word to others. Sharing is caring! For the latest videos that come out every week, subscribe to the YouTube channel. Also, be sure to check out our new space on Twitter X! YouTube Twitter (X)
Eric is the owner and chief editor of notimekillers.com. He takes great pride in helping people manage their time and grow their businesses. Eric is a firm believer in financial and time freedom, as he believes in financial independence and taking ownership of your time. “Time is your most important asset. It can be your best friend or worst enemy. How you use your time can shape the future you desire to have.” In his leisure time, Eric loves to write and read whenever possible. He enjoys going for long walks outdoors while doing in-home workout videos every week. You can also connect with Eric via LinkedIn.